Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tony Blair Steps Down (and Shows Wisdom)

I was somewhat surprised to hear British Prime Minister Tony Blair's resignation announcement on the news today. Blair is one of the most prominent individuals today that has the simian line on both hands.

Blair bows out after 10 years: "Hand on heart, I did what I thought was right," Blair told Labour Party members in his constituency in northern England. "I may have been wrong, that's your call. But believe one thing, if nothing else, I did what I thought was right for our country."

Unfortunately, one quote that Reuters left out was probably Blair's best one:
"Sometimes the only way you conquer the pull of power is to set it down."

Now that's insight and wisdom, especially when you consider the simian lines. I wonder if these were Blair's own words, or if they were done by a speech writer.

No comments: